April 2018 INDMAS Meeting

Hi everyone.  Hope you all are recovering from the great frag swap and getting everything settled in.    

This month's meeting will be hosted by PetesFolly and the topic will be Seahorses 101.  It will cover the important information you need to know to get started and successfully keep seahorses.    The host has a 125g mixed reef that is transitioning to a 220g so you will be able to what goes into preparing for a 220g as well as what it takes to transition a tank of this size!

When:  April 14th 4:00-6:00 PM

Where: 11375 Whitewater Way, Fishers, IN 46037

Spyglass Falls neighborhood.  Yes, there is a waterfall at the entrance to the neighborhood

What:  2nd Annual NEW MEMBER MEET AND GREET!!!  Did you just join INDMAS at the 2018 Frag Swap?  Have you never been to a meeting before?  Well this is for you!  We will have a special raffle for JUST the new members who joined at the frag swap...as well as have a great group of club members here to speak with you about your tank, what we do, and answer any questions that you have along the way.  Stop out and see what makes INDMAS the best reefing club around!

Education: Seahorses 101 - Ever wanted to dive into a different aquatic species tank, but don't know how?  Come check us out!

Raffles - Saltcritters donated Magnetic Seahorse Feeder, T-shirt and Frag Plugs

Plus.....More on the way!

Our Frag Swap coral donation raffle will be given away at this months meeting as well!  Stay tuned to see who won!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SilentNight1793 said:

Thank you to all who donated frags at the swap! For each frag that was donated, you got your name put in for the donation raffle. 

Congratulations to @puffdragon for winning the raffle.

When was this drawing? I thought it was going to be drawn at the meeting? I still have my tickets. 

Edited by Gonzo620

During clean up at the swap, someone had thrown the tickets away by mistake. I have a list of everyone who donated and the amount of frags donated. These were then put into a randomizer and then put into a lottery wheel after it was discussed how to handle this. I have the video clip of it that I am trying to get uploaded of the lottery wheel.

Who donated and # of frags - 60 total entries

Gonzo620 - 4

Budman - 4

Puffdragon - 7

RajilNaja - 4

ReefNewby82 - 2

Chopper320 - 4

Irood - 4

Been Mired - 4

Silentnight1793 - 4

Bishop40K - 4

Atomic - 4

Coralfarm123 - 4

Blowfish770 - 4

Gorgi - 4

Reefaddict - 3

I have a great announcement to make a great meeting even better.  To educate us all in seahorse keeping we will be joined, via Skype, by none other than the Queen of Seahorses herself - Tami Weiss!!  Tami is the founder and curator of fusedjaw.com.  She is an all around seahorse, pipefish, sea dragon and live foods guru that also was an early admin helping to build seahorse.org.    Join us in welcoming Tami and learning from a master!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1