LED light help Chines black box (Dsuny) 3 units 72 inch tank

Hi,

I have 72 inch tank with full canopy the lights are only 8 to 10 inches off water. I am running 3 chines black box units brand name Dsuny I have battled making coral happy for over year now. I had the club  par meter I honestly did not know what I was doing. I am hopping someone will feel sorry for me. I am willing to pay if need be looking for some answer/advice if I could have hour or so of someone time to come out and look at lights if they have par meter or I can try and get the club par meter that would be great. I have added some pictures of tank and lights info.

image.thumb.png.40e207370c83be914c6030f21ca6dab2.png

image.png.7932a958046d8619e7713fc1725a9e07.png

Thanks 

My cell is 317.362.3432

Robert T. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rjt1978 said:

No love 😣

I'm lurking, but honestly feeling naive myself about lighting/par after trying montipora a couple times with no success ... I blame that on lack of light since all my other coral is "happy" enough to survive anyway, but haven't borrowed the club par meter yet.

😍

46 minutes ago, Been Mired said:

I'm lurking, but honestly feeling naive myself about lighting/par after trying montipora a couple times with no success ... I blame that on lack of light since all my other coral is "happy" enough to survive anyway, but haven't borrowed the club par meter yet.

😍

Montipora for me a very easy to bleach. This last try i have a small bit survive

What is your lighting schedule? On to off times, what percentage of each channel, etc. If you’re bleaching coral, I’m guessing you’re either running your lights too long or too intense. Leds (even the “cheap” black box) are very strong and can burn coral if they’re not used to it. Give us some details about the issues that you’re having and we’ll be able to help a lot better. 

I am at a loss with my lights I have tried so many things I have purchased some T5 HO I had them on with my LED black boxes for a little . I had the club par meter I had no idea what I was doing so I returned it. I was really hopeing someone would offer to help me if they would even quote me a price on coming out  I really need someone that has more experience than myself to come out and look at what I have I just feel like I have been chasing my tail with lights for over a year.  I don't have $800.00+ to drop per llight on a tank thats 72 inch long. I guess no one wants to help. :( 

I do not have the par meter but when you have time I will try get it and I will have plenty of beer 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 I really appreciate it any help the lights make me drink 🍺🍺🍺🍺. Big thank you 

im not a expert, but i see no reason why those lights wont work.  I have the mars aqua Black boxes and they look very similar.  More often ive found that they were too bright for most corals that were not acclimated correctly.  I had to turn them down to 50% white and 75% blue to get the color i wanted.    I also run mine about 20" off the water.  

Hope this helps

• Like 1