Eric's 60 cube

• 3 weeks later...

If you havent added water to the sump I would put "pond liner" inside the stand running it up 2-3 in around the inside of the stand.  This will hold water and not damage the wood (I know you sealed the seams with silicone caulk but the pond liner will keep the WOOD from getting wet).   

my 0.02

• Like 1

So the tank is completely full and operational. Yesterday I got my salinity dialed in to 1.026 and temperature  to around 78. After this I Dosed Dr Tim's Ammonium chloride till the ammonia read out at 2ppm. I then added the Bacteria and started the cycle.:D Also I will post more pictures after school today.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So let me give you guys a long awaited update. The tank is doing great first of all, I have about completed the cycle and I am going to do my first order of fish next week! I plan on just getting 2 clowns and a Midas Blenny because I don't want to go over board on the first round of fish. I also am about to order Chaeto and pods from algae barn. I also just talked with the guys at Reed Cleaners about what I should get clean up crew wise in my tank (which I will make a post about some other time.) In my tank stand I did a lot of cable management and I mounted my power bricks up of the stand floor after hearing about @Gonzo620's water in the stand incident. Last weekend I created a little workstation in my basement to store stuff and do testes. Also I mounted up my Refugium light. Here are some pics of the tank,

IMG_1444.thumb.JPG.ba65deaaa1bab501a4dc5298e3c553dd.JPG

,IMG_1446.thumb.JPG.745afec309d68b589b627b6fedeec7be.JPG

• Like 2

Looks like you are moving right along!  Your sump and stand set up look great and very clean young sir...keep up the great work.

Midas blennies are great and have such fun personalities.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welp looks like the time has come and just gotten my first fish and coral! I got a Midas Bleeny, but the clowns I ordered didn't survive shipping so Jeremy at Modern Aquatix is reordering them for free. The Clowns will get here Thursday. For my first coral I got a Golden/Yellow hammer coral which has since opened up and looks beautiful. Here are some pictures, and sorry I could not get a good picture of the Hammer. 

IMG_1479.thumb.jpeg.fdae9698e52ba2be37947b4e8d8b41d3.jpeg

Update: I ordered a Snakeskin Palatgria and Rose Bubble tip Anemone from Unique Corals. They have both arrived alive and are now in the tank. Also my Gold Hammer is doing well and has since opened all the way up. My Midas Blenny is also doing very and will gobble down any food I put in the tank. My two Clown Fish and Clean Up Crew are also about to come in. I have also added some Algae Barn pods into the tank. Here are some pictures of everything.

IMG_1487-1.thumb.JPG.2a765389b18d45a954a54d399c1bdd74.JPG

IMG_8111.thumb.jpeg.dfa6e83708746383d9f2591d9c7bea51.jpeg