2018 INDMAS Annual Frag Swap - NEW LOCATION!!

2018 INDMAS FS FLYER.JPG

The time has come for us all to set our smart phones for the best day in reefing around!  The 2018 INDMAS Annual Frag Swap is just around the corner and scheduled for March 17th, 2018.  And we are in a new location for the St. Patrick frag action just 18 miles from downtown Indy...in Danville!

If you think last year was action packed…you don’t want to miss the NEW, larger venue.  This year we have added a speaker before the event, will have 2 food trucks, and have plans for even cooler raffles!  Our vendors and hobbyists will have tons of corals for you to shop for from 12pm to 4pm.  Wear something green and get a door prize...while supplies last!

More information will be posted shortly regarding the volunteers needed, tables for vendors and hobbyists that have booked, a frag swap FAQ, and more!  

Tentative Schedule for the day is as follows:

10am: Pre-registration for Speaker & Event

10:30am – 11:30am: Speaker Presentation

11:30am: Early entry into Swap for Speaker Attendees

12pm to 4pm: 2018 INDMAS Frag Swap

Set your calendars, and start the list of corals you must have for 2018!  

• Like 1

So I was at the Fairgrounds last night for an event, and was looking around trying to picture where everything would be set up.   Are they going to have us in the Expo hall or Auditorium?  I'm only asking because I'm drooling at the thought of how many vendors this frag swap could possibly hold.   Either space is huge compared to last years location.

• Like 1

For the 2nd time in 3 years, my wife is expecting another child within a week of the swap......i gotta get my priorities and planning in line!!!  I hope to be able to make it, but no Hobby table for me...:(

• Sad 1

If you have Never Been to a Frag Swap Before Check out this Video from a previous swap to get an idea of all the fun that you will have :)

Vendors from around the country come to sell coral (much of which are the amazing brightly colored corals that you see online).

It is also a great way to meet old friends and make new friends that are in the hobby.

You will find the hottest Zoanthids, Acros, Acans, Chalices, Mushrooms, etc. all at great prices!

zzzzzzLansingSummerM.gif

Here is the "Facebook Event Page" for the Swap.

https://www.facebook.com/events/261639881029445/?active_tab=discussion

Click "Going" Under the Big Picture with the Shamrock in It at the Top of the Page to Let Everyone Know You Plan on Attending :)

You will also Receive Updates and Reminders about the Swap if you Click "Going" :)

Invite all Your Reefing Friends Too so they Can Join In on This Awesome Frag Swap :)

339zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.png[/img]

EVERYONE Please Remember to Mark "Going" or "Interested" on the INDMAS Frag Swap Facebook Event Page.

It will help us get a good idea of how many people we should expect to come to the Frag Swap so we can plan accordingly.

Also, Please "Share" the Event on Your Facebook Page or any Reefing Facebook Groups that you are in as it will Help Get the Word Out about this Awesome Frag Swap.

Lastly, Please "Invite" any Reefing Friends that you have on Facebook.

Click on the Facebook Link Above for More Info.

A Few Frag Swap Tips for Both Newbies and Veterans

1. Don't Forget Cash. Some Vendors will Take Credit Cards, but Others are Cash Only (Even if a Vendor Accepts Credit Card They Will Prefer Cash Because They Will Not Have to Pay Credit Card Fees).

2. Bring a Small Portable Cooler to Store the Corals that you Bought In.

3. Admission is $5 (INDMAS Members get in for FREE). Having the Exact Amount Helps Things Go Smoother at the Entrance.

4. Doors Open at 12:00 Noon and the Swap Ends at 4:00 PM

5. Be Aware of How Much Time You Take Talking to a Vendor if what Your Discussing Doesn't Involve Buying Something. Vendors are Very Helpful and Knowledgeable and Most Will Try to Help You, but Please be Conscious of the Fact that Vendors are There to Sell and Not to Explain How to Rid Your Tank of Nuisance Algae (For Example).

• 5 weeks later...

Reeftrader.com is up and ready for you to post those frags!  Pre-sell your corals on this site and you will have more money for raffles!

We just secured the grand prize already...keep your eye on this thread club!

• Like 2

Flyer Front 2-8-18.JPG

You are reading it right club!  INDMAS has booked Marc "Melev" Levenson to speak for us before our 2018 Annual Frag Swap!  We are excited for this opportunity for our members to gain some key knowledge about corals before they enter the frag swap!

The topic will be "Coral Pests and How to Treat Them" and this is one of our worst fears for our delicate underwater world.  Marc will discuss the best methods for pest prevention in our reefs.  This is something you literally can't afford to miss as this can save your reef!

We would like to give Marc a warm INDMAS and reefing community welcome by showing him a great attendance before the swap for this talk!  

Pre-registration for this event starts at 10am.  There are limited seats in the class room so don't be late!  The talk starts sharp at 10:30am and will last roughly an hour and Marc will answer questions afterwards.  INDMAS is excited once again to host another guest speaker to assist in our mission to educate the community about responsible reef keeping!

Thanks Marc and we can't wait to see you next month!

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 10:45 PM, ReefNewby82 said:

Flyer Front 2-8-18.JPG

You are reading it right club!  INDMAS has booked Marc "Melev" Levenson to speak for us before our 2018 Annual Frag Swap!  We are excited for this opportunity for our members to gain some key knowledge about corals before they enter the frag swap!

The topic will be "Coral Pests and How to Treat Them" and this is one of our worst fears for our delicate underwater world.  Marc will discuss the best methods for pest prevention in our reefs.  This is something you literally can't afford to miss as this can save your reef!

We would like to give Marc a warm INDMAS and reefing community welcome by showing him a great attendance before the swap for this talk!  

Pre-registration for this event starts at 10am.  There are limited seats in the class room so don't be late!  The talk starts sharp at 10:30am and will last roughly an hour and Marc will answer questions afterwards.  INDMAS is excited once again to host another guest speaker to assist in our mission to educate the community about responsible reef keeping!

Thanks Marc and we can't wait to see you next month!

Oh Man. Marc Levenson is the Best. He had the Best Pod Casts Ever. And I don't mean Best Reefing Pod Casts I Mean any Topic Period.  I Listen to a Ton of Different Pod Casts.  He is Soooo Funny :) I am soooo Excited for This.

Edited by that Coral Guy

Let's give a big Shout out to our two Platinum Sponsors for this year so far:

Thank you to "The Reef" here in Indy and Central Aquatics out of Wisconsin for their contribution and sponsorship level of $1,000 for the 2018 Annual INDMAS Frag SWap!

the reef logo.jpg

Central aquatics logo.jpg

• Like 2