Great News and Not so Great!

Luke33

Its been a few months since I've really been around here and there is some reasoning as to why.  The good news is we are expecting our first kid!  The bad news is we are more than likely going to be moving in the next few months to a more kid friendly home and I will be breaking down the tank.  In all honesty I didn't think we would be moving for 20yrs or so, so this is kinda a surprise.  I hate growing out sps for 3+yrs then have to get rid of them all, but I believe we will be moving twice as we more than likely are going to build, so no chance of keeping things up.  I will be posting a for sale thread soon of the corals.  Hope everyone had a great summer.

Wow that's awesome news on the new frag luke congrats!  

Now on the breaking down tank news...that is a bummer.  We have all enjoyed enviously watching your corals grow and color up.  I'm sure the next venture will be even more epic though...

• Like 1

On 11/15/2017 at 3:29 PM, MrsBugmaster said:

Congrats on the baby!!  Exciting news on building a new house and maybe building the tank around the house this time. But sorry you have to break down the tank. It will be better than ever when you have it all done! 

Thanks Amanda! It's going to be an interesting year!  I'm going to miss having a tank for a while.

On 11/15/2017 at 6:23 PM, ReefNewby82 said:

Wow that's awesome news on the new frag luke congrats!  

Now on the breaking down tank news...that is a bummer.  We have all enjoyed enviously watching your corals grow and color up.  I'm sure the next venture will be even more epic though...

Thanks Brandon, this frag has crazy growth!  I hope to have the chance to start another build thread one day.  

On 11/15/2017 at 9:40 PM, Reefaddict12 said:

Congrats to u and your wife! Sucks to see you pause the hobby but u can always restart and fix or avoid any issues u didn't like with your current set up. 

Thanks!  Yea if I were to do it again I'd make a few changes, different rock structures as currently I'm out of room.

11 hours ago, blowfish770 said:

Any idea where you are moving to? 

When you are wanting to start selling let me know and if you are looking for a name I have always liked the name KENT 😁

Well, I'm not totally sure, may stick around in the current neighbourhood, or we may move up in the plainfield or avon area. It would be nice to have a faster commute to work.....but it's tough to move off the lake!

it'll be tough convincing Wifey on naming the girl Kent.

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. Look at a new tank build at as an opportunity to improve on your present system. A fresh start.  

A word of caution about Plainfield. I don’t know where you live now, but if you move to the Plainfield area be aware that the Indianapolis airport is in your back yard. Due to family obligations we moved to Plainfield from Noblesville three years ago. We are next to Hummel park and the jet noise drives us nuts some days. Fed Ex jets (fully Loaded and at full throttle on take off to reach altitude) start their day at 4:00 AM. The bright side is....... you’ll never complain about your skimmer being loud again. 

And a +1 on the name KENT!!!

11 hours ago, Kent12456 said:

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. Look at a new tank build at as an opportunity to improve on your present system. A fresh start.  

A word of caution about Plainfield. I don’t know where you live now, but if you move to the Plainfield area be aware that the Indianapolis airport is in your back yard. Due to family obligations we moved to Plainfield from Noblesville three years ago. We are next to Hummel park and the jet noise drives us nuts some days. Fed Ex jets (fully Loaded and at full throttle on take off to reach altitude) start their day at 4:00 AM. The bright side is....... you’ll never complain about your skimmer being loud again. 

And a +1 on the name KENT!!!

Thanks Kent, that is a worry so hopefully we can stay on the outskirts, not sure if that will help.  The west side is the alternative but Rockville road sucks!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Budman said:

Bummer on the tank tear down. Congrats on the baby. Looking forward to your next build thread when you get settled back in a new place 

Thanks Bud, it may be a while this time.  I am going to keep the tank which will make the next build easier.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, Budman said:

Keeping the tank and equipment will make it easy to start up again. And I get not wanting to move from a lake. I don't think I would get anything else done if I lived on a lake.

I will miss the lake for sure.  It is going to be a tough move!