Filter socks - wash or trash?

New to using filter socks & tried hand washing in fresh water & rinsing in RODI. Seems like no matter how many times I rinse, they are still a little dingy. I figure detergent is out, but is there anything else to help get them clean?

The washing machine will get them surprisingly clean. I had some that I rinsed out around 10 times. I thought they were just stained brown. Threw them in the washer for the first time with a tiny bit of bleach and pre-soak with an extra rinse, they were back to pure white.

I bought a dozen or so and switch them out weekly. I let the dirty ones build up so they're enough to run a load in the washer and put a little bleach in. Do a double rinse cycle and let them air dry for several days before reusing.

I bought a dozen or so and switch them out weekly. I let the dirty ones build up so they're enough to run a load in the washer and put a little bleach in. Do a double rinse cycle and let them air dry for several days before reusing.

I do the same