General interest in club trip?

As discussed at the February meeting, we are planning a trip to Newport Aquarium in July in place of a "normal" club meeting. I have spoken with Tiffany at Newport and she is willing to give us a group rate of $18.99 for adults, $12.99 for children (off the regular $24.99/$16.99) which will include a behind the scenes tour of their facility. We need at least 10 people reserved to get that rate. If we get more than 15 people then we will be split into 2 groups for the behind the scenes.

I'm also looking into hotels in the area to try and get a group discount for any of us that might want to stay after the tour and have dinner and drinks and make a weekend out of it. Those details are in the works and will be forthcoming.

Please respond here as to whether you'd be interested. Let us know if you'd be interested in the hotel option as well.

I will create a sign-up form at a later date for guaranteed reservations.

Update: Tiffany emailed me again and let me know that the $18.99/$12.99 does NOT include behind the scenes. It will be an additional $12.99/person for the behind the scenes tour. So entrance into the aquarium plus the behind the scenes tour would be appx $32 for adults, and $26 for children. Still less than normal prices.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...