Need to quiet my bean animal overflow

Ok so id like to quiet my overflow down - after all the bean animal is supposed to be silent. The noise is mostly coming from the waterfall over the overflow. So I think I just need to add couplers and more PVC to make the middle and right pipes taller (the emergency one is already set to a high point. That sound about right? I made the mistake of using ball valves instead of gate valves, so I am going to switch them out as part of this project. I need more fine tune control now that I have 2 sumps vs one huge one, and its near impossible to move the ball valves for adjustments, im afraid they are going to crack.

Here are the pics with details

gallery_80_420_305479.jpg

gallery_80_420_333891.jpg

THIS IS A TOP DOWN VIEW

gallery_80_420_727401.jpg

gallery_80_420_624247.jpg

With a bean animal, It's my understanding that where your drains empty into the sump, the drain pipes must be 1" under the surface of the water in the sump. I don't understand why yours wouldn't be silent. Another thought, When I plumbed my drain, I read that bean animals are sensitive to changes in flow/pressure, so you shouldn't plumb reactors into the same line as your bean animal overflow. (Dedicated return pump for your overflow) For example if you have a carbon reactor plumbed into the same line, as the Carbon picks up more sediment the flow changes and your bean animal will go out of adjustment. I have a gate valve installed on mine and a very small adjustment makes a big difference but once I got it tuned I haven't had to mess with it. (4months)

Not sure if this will help, but!

I have a herbie, but I think the same thoughts transition to a bean.

I have my emergency about 2" below the tank water level and my siphon about 6" below that. At first i ran it with a bigger difference between the tank level and water level in the overflow and it was noisy front the dripping water.

The only time I get noise is when water goes into the siphon or the water level in the overflow drops. I have both drains exiting within an inch of the sump water level. I also just use stand pipes.

Did you just add a coupler to raise it up? I dont have a whole lot of room to work with the 3 1.5" tubes, I think I had to screw them in then glue the elbows on. 3 trip visit to lowes and an afternoon should do it # ; )

Did you just add a coupler to raise it up? I dont have a whole lot of room to work with the 3 1.5" tubes, I think I had to screw them in then glue the elbows on. 3 trip visit to lowes and an afternoon should do it # ; )

I don't have any of my stuff glued in my box. Bulkheads at the bottom, otherwise the rest is dry fit. After a little while they seal themselves up enough to not drain it to the bottom of the box. Makes it easy to adjust as needed, though I've never had to adjust the plumbing itself