PaulS.46122

NUVO Fusion 10 Nano build.

Friday evening I did a 4 gallon waterchange and things seem to be bouncing back.   Still bummed about the torch but hoping to fill that rock out soon with a couple variations.  

CBE38AED-0DD6-4E37-AC4C-98B792A62773.jpeg

BDE0F2FF-D66C-44C5-BBFB-7533EE154EA2.jpeg

718B1D9E-ADAD-44BB-B44B-4CFDB7BDA40E.jpeg

1541D6A8-9D2E-40F5-A8AF-286C6A68031F.jpeg

Updated Livestock list in my Nano.

Livestock:

2 Ocellaris Clown

1 Yasha Goby

1 Cerith Snail

1 Astrea Snail

2 Blue Legged Hermits

1 Cleaner Shrimp

1 Peppermint Shrimp

1 Candy Cane Pistol Shrimp

Current Corals:

Purple Tip Hammer

Green Tip Hammer

Blue Hammer

Yellow Hammer

Green Frogspawn

Red Acan Lord

Light Blue/Red Acan Lord

Pink Zipper Paly's

Date Night Paly's

Watermelon Zoa

Yellow Brick Road Zoa

Bam Bam Zoa

Sunny D Paly

Cornbred Rainbow Infusion Paly

Utter Chaos Zoa

WWC Watermelon Zoa

Pink and Gold Paly

Yellow/Purple/Orange Zoa

Rasta Zoa

Rainbow Hornet Zoa's

Fruit Loop Zoa

Gorilla Nipple Zoa’s

Various Unnamed Zoa’s 

Blue/Green Ricordea Mushroom

Orange Ricordea Mushroom

Gold/Green Ricordea

Yellow Ricordea

Purple Rhodactus Mushroom 

Green/Purple Rhodactus Mushroom

Pink/Purple Yuma Mushroom

Superman Mushroom 

Candy Cane Coral Colony

Duncan Coral

Meteor Shower Cyphastrea

Purple Gorgs

Pink Blasto

Jack-O-Lantern Lepto

Bejewled Favia

Unnamed Yellow Favia

New top down under full kessil blue's

6RnPyfZ.jpg

• Like 2

Couple new photos from last night.

Met up with Ryan Tuesday night to grab a frag from him.   Gotta say its a beauty and I cant wait for it to get bigger.

1-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

2.jpg

I like it. It's a nice contrast to the other colors. I'm guessing it won't take long for it to start popping some new heads in your tank. Euphillia seem to like it in there.

2 hours ago, ryansweet said:

I like it. It's a nice contrast to the other colors. I'm guessing it won't take long for it to start popping some new heads in your tank. Euphillia seem to like it in there.

I sure hope so.  It’s one of my favorites in my tank right now.  It’s nice and “fluffy” tonight too.  

Starting to wish I went with the AI Prime light vs the Kessil.   I have pretty steady parameters, weekly water changes, and feed my corals, but growth has stalled.   My zoa's and paly's are stretching too.   I can only think that the culprit is the light.   🤷‍♂️

Does anyone have a spare Prime they want to get rid of, or let me borrow to see if my corals bounce back?

So Saturday when the lights came on I noticed something looked odd within the tank.   Upon further inspection, I saw my Meteor Shower Cyphastrea I got from @Gonzo620 was showing signs of melting away.   Tested the tank, and everything was well within levels I'm happy keeping, and my tank has always been happy with.   So safe to say, I was pretty upset with it all.  The tank has really been acting funny the past couple of months and has been the most frustrating part of this journey so far.    I've also been having some issues with aiptasia, and have been looking for some Berghia Nudibranches locally with no luck so far.   I'm not sure where the aiptasia has come from, as I dip all of my corals, as well as removing them from the plug they come from, and gluing them to a new plug before they go into the tank.  Frustration to the max.

Yesterday was waterchange day since I was at the Indy 500 all day Sunday.   I decided that things needed a bit of a change, so I did a little rearranging within the tank.   I rotated the main rock a bit, and re-glued some corals to the rockwork.   I also vacuumed the sand in the spot where the rocks used to sit, as there was a bit of detritus in those spots.    Eventually I got to a point where I was happy with it, and let it be.   I also removed the spinstream nozzle and stuck on the stock nozzle.   I'm trying to do everything I can do to save things and promote health and growth in my corals.  Even looking for an AI Prime to replace the Kessil I'm running now.  I'm going to give it a few months and see where we are at the end of the summer.   Hopefully the next few posts within this thread will be on the positive side.   At least for those still following.

If it all fails, I will be doing a complete overhaul of the tank, and a new approach, but hopefully we never get there.

2.jpg

• Like 1