PaulS.46122

NUVO Fusion 10 Nano build.

Tank has been on autopilot since the softball season has started.    Having a little bit of coral warfare going on with the candy canes and euphyllia, but I knew that was going to eventually happen.   Overall good growth and the ricordea I purchased from Luis has split twice since I picked it up from him.

I'm still eyeballing an upgrade to a lagoon tank, but right now I love this little tank.   Cannot see me ever going larger than 25 gallons to be honest.   Love the ease and simplicity of its little footprint.

Top Down.jpg

• Like 4

This thing looks great.  I'm jealous of the euphyllia garden.  I can never seem to keep more than one alive at a time.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, hahndn said:

This thing looks great.  I'm jealous of the euphyllia garden.  I can never seem to keep more than one alive at a time.  

Thanks!   I've had some struggles, but I think lady luck has been on my side so far.

hey man nice shots!  you are starting to pack them in there huh lol.  i think that tank upgrade is inevitable 

• Like 1

Nothing major has changed other than my acans have faded away and I lost my gold torch.   Other than that everything is going well.   Still looking for the right low light corals to put in a few spots to really make my tank pop.   As far as an upgrade, its not in the books for now.  

DSC_6544.JPG

Hammers.jpg

Looks really good.  I've thought about running a zoa/ricordia garden at work but like the idea of integrating euphyllia.  Could chop up my 60+ head frogspawn colony:)

For water flow, is it the return through loc-line?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ReefNewby82 said:

Looking good sir...nice blasto!

Thanks!

45 minutes ago, Dustin1300 said:

Looks really good.  I've thought about running a zoa/ricordia garden at work but like the idea of integrating euphyllia.  Could chop up my 60+ head frogspawn colony:)

For water flow, is it the return through loc-line?

Thank you.   Water flow is from an upgraded pump and Innovative Marine Spinstream nozzle.   Not strong enough for sps, but perfect for this tank.  

Definitely does not need too much flow, was mainly asking because of varied flow.  How do you like the spinstream?  I've considered changing out my locline outputs to help increase the varied flow.  May just grab a few to test out before replacing all 18.

The varied flow is good except for right under the return.  However with the upgraded pump it pushes enough so it goes around the back of the rockwork and pushes water in that area.  However I’ve read some do not get that because of rock placement or using the stock pump.  

For me the spinstream does what I need it to do and keeps me from needing a powerhead.  

That is just awesome Paul!!!  You make me want a nano!!! I could put it in my office at work?!?!?   Thanks man!!! More money out the door hahahahahah

• Like 1

Picked up a couple new frags on friday from my LFS. Actually went in for an orange hammer but it was pretty meh, which was a bummer, as I've been looking for one for awhile now. Oh well picked up some stunners in my opinion at an awesome deal as well. 

Got a nice 20+ head frag of Fruit Loop zoas, and a neon yellow Ricordea. Overall the tank is still doing great and I think the new additions really bring a good pop of color to it overall.  Oh and those orange ricordea from @Gonzo620 are really going strong.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

---------

• Like 1

Recently I’ve been throwing out the idea of selling off some of my coral, and eventually the tank.   Last weekend I traded off some pieces for some new frags, and have started fragging others in my tank.  It’s awesome to have new things growing in my tank, but life happens right?   Basically the thought is because my oldest has an opportunity to fulfil a dream of visiting Japan and well I can’t afford it without making some sacrifices.   I started a fundraiser online but that won’t cover everything.   Also she doesn’t know I’m thinking this or I’ve set up the fundraiser.   So things are hush – hush at the moment. 

I love my tank, and can’t fathom the idea of really shutting it down, but maybe it leads to bigger things in the future.  

Anyone still following?  LOL

Actually nothing new other than a brittle starfish I got before thanksgiving.   Just letting things mature. 

65A7760D-4A8E-4168-A68C-A887523019D7.jpeg

08869A99-A9E9-4655-AE0A-048CDFCDB838.jpeg

1E9A07A2-97CF-4F39-83D4-2B1F3985B552.jpeg

6FF06A3E-AD33-4395-AC05-65B5F7C68178.jpeg

B2D501CB-5469-47D0-A5AF-76AA172A62A1.jpeg

• Like 2