Second thoughts on Tank Location

Hi Gang -

I want to get some opinions and see if anyone else has this situation to learn from their experiences. First, let me tell you that I am an engineer so I WILL overthink everything. We moved into a house about a year ago and I have been planning to set up another 60 gallon reef. No that I have the tank in the sited location I am having second thoughts. As you can see from the picture it is in the corner of two outside walls with a window on one side and a door on the other. Now that it is getting colder thoughts of condensation are coming to mind. You know, warm water, cold temperatures.....

So my question to the group is, do any of you have a configuration like this? If so did you have issues. This is the idea place for me, but if it is best to move it, now is the time to change things.

All comments and thought are appreciated.

TIA,

Mark

post-534-0-14815800-1478365270_thumb.jpg

As long as you have a good heater on the tank (preferably with a backup) you shouldn't have issues with it being too cold. Maybe a few more cents on the electric bill, but probably not much.

My concern would be being so close to that window having constant sunlight hitting the tank. In the summers it may be harder to keep the temperature down and steady. Plus algae will love the natural light. I had a fowlr tank in Florida next to the window that grew algae no matter what because it was getting natural light.

That's a good point but the window is an east wall and we have heavy woods behind us. So summertime is no concern wintertime possibly additional sunlight but I can control that with the window blind. Temperature issues don't bother me because I can size the heater accordingly. I was more concerned about condensation damage to the doors and windows with cold glass on the doors and windows

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk