My tank is starting to come together

I got a BRS overflow but you really can build one from cheap as well but I wanted a professional look. I have drilled 2 tanks, my last one was my 75 gallon refugium. I Siliconed a black overflow box to the back wall after drilling, I also drilled 2 3/4 inch return lined outside the overflow box. I think it looks good and it works great. Only way it fails is if a hose leaks which I have yet to have happen in the 14 years I have been in the hobby.

Drilling is a lot easier to do than you would expect. If you need a bit to use for a 3/4 inch line I have one sitting around I can dig up.

this is my refugium just after drilling an filling the tank, I would suggest painting the back black or blue on any tank to hide cords and tubing, This tank I didnt because it is simply my refugium, but to be honest I wish I had painted it because I am turning it into a marine planted (refugium) tank.

Picture was taken about 2-3 years ago

Fuge1-8.jpg

Like the planted one. Like Chris said many ways and places to pick up overflows. You can pick them up on the cheap or go as high end as the Ghost overflow. Most of the weir boxes are just pressure fitted or held on by the pressure of the powerheads. Again, depends on which one you pick up.

Synergy even has the Ghost version which has the weir held on by magnets and is easy to remove for cleaning the box/around & behind it.

http://synergyreef.com/product-category/overflow/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...