OK, I'm dying...

alexkharden

...to put water into my tank.

The last siliconing work was done on Sunday. GE Silicone I

The last spray painting was done on Monday. Krylon Fusion Glossy Black.

The last pvc cementing was done on Monday. Oatley PVC All Purpose Cement.

The question is, will everything be cured enough for water, or do I need to wait longer? I have today and tomorrow off work, so I'd really love to be able to fill it and monitor the process.

What do you guys think?

It sounds like you are ready to start filling the tank with that rodi! I'm guessing you put the spray paint on the outside so no worry there, the pvc cement works really quickly, like minutes and the silicone should be fine after 5 days imo.

The spray paint is on the pvc that is in the overflow and the return lines into the tank. Will that have an impact?

Looking good:)

Are you sure the paint is good for inside? I've used plasti-dip which cures and is inert once cured but have never seen pain used inside the tank.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21015329?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=83&adid=22222222227017307652&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42966082352&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=81457525112&veh=sem

Looks good, you really put in the work on this build! Fwiw, I used black krylon fusion on PVC in tank as a spray bar years ago. The paint never caused any issue's but it did flake off a bit after a couple yrs. I would say 95% was still on my pvc after 5yrs.

WOW! Nice build!

I was a little worried in the pics when it looked like you were putting the WC system over the tank.

Where does the build stand as of right now?

WOW! Nice build!

I was a little worried in the pics when it looked like you were putting the WC system over the tank.

204e1a6d016f50b448c5a46a1e0ed769.jpg

Lol, here. I started filling it with rodi Thursday. System still isn't completely full yet. But the tank was so I decided to add a 40 pound bag of sand. Ladies and gentlemen, what happens when you just dump a bag of sand into a body of water without any ceremony or precleaning or anything? This does.

Tonight when I get off work I'll finish filling it and then hopefully once I turn on the return pump I can start getting some of this cleared out. I've got a filter sock on the main drain line.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WOW! Nice build!

I was originally going to put the ato water up there, but then someone pointed out to me that I had no room for lights. I hadn't thought of that previously, but when they said it I knew they were right, so I rearranged some things. It's cramped in there, but I think the way I have it now will work better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk