Beer trip drip tray or plastic mat

PetesFolly

Odd topic, but I figured that in this hobby nearly everyone I have met is also very good with DIY projects. I just installed a kegerator into my bar. There used to be a cutting board where there is now a tower for the beer tap. The bar came that way. I just had to remove the cutting board to reveal the hole where the beer line can go through. The issue I am having is finding a drip mat or tray that will fit into the recessed area. I am looking for some ideas on material that I could use to make my own drip tray. I will post a picture a little later. Or I could use something to drill a hole into the stone cutting board...maybe similar to how we drill overflows into a glass tank? The main issue will also be aesthetics, it has to look good.

Here is what I am working on:
First image is the ceramic cutting tile that is there when you are not using the bar with a kegerator.

Ceramic cutting board that fits into the recessed area when no beer tap is present.

This is what the recessed area looks like when you remove the cutting board and install a tap.

Recessed area where I need a drip tray or drip mat

• 2 weeks later...

This is a pretty wicked bar ya got going on Bob! I am not much for DIY...but does anyone have any ideas for him on this project? Have you done anything on this lately or end up making a drip tray yet?

And lastly...when are you hosting a meet next year at your house lol!

Close this post? I don't think so.....not until there is a picture of a bunch of fish nerds standing around the tap with solo cups in hand......

• Like 1

Right now, I have Special "K" a Kolsch from Bier Brewery. Well, I may just have to prove it and have some people over outside of the usual meetings. The two dates left on the calendar for this year are not good options so... I will have to have a Friday happy hour with our group with no agenda or raffle, just hanging out for a few brews and talking fish.

• Like 1

OK, after looking at my calendar and the INDMAS calendar...let's go for February 19th for the first INDMAS Happy Hour at my place. Depending how this one goes, I will make them more spontaneous down the road. For this first one, this gives everyone a chance to "save the date."

The Details:

Address - 11375 Whitewater Way (Spyglass Falls neighborhood - waterfall at the entrance), Fishers IN, just east of 116th St. and Cumberland Rd. intersection.

Time - 5:00pm till whenever...

Location - In my basement...ok, that sounds a little scary!

"Refreshments" - Whatever I have on tap, in the beer fridge, or what you bring for yourself or to share.

Food - This is a Happy Hour...not dinner! Lol! TBD, but mainly driven by how much time I have to put something together. The usual happy hour at my place is haphazard at best. Sometimes some snacks (if we have been by CostCo or Sams recently), sometimes not, sometimes we order pizza, or decide to go out for dinner somewhere.

Agenda - none, we are just hanging out talkin' fish!

Raffle - none...see agenda.

Topic - none....Fish, tanks, equipment, maintenance strategies, vacations, other hobbies, and where ever the conversation leads us.

To Dustin, Brandon, Kent, and Amanda - Not sure if I should post this in the meetings and gathering section or create a separate post here in the Lounge since this isn't an official club meeting but more of an impromptu social gathering. We are not going to need an attendee list, notes, etc.

Basement and Tank