Trash Anyone?

ReefNewby82

So last night I took the trash out before bed like any other time. I usually wait until it's later like 10p to make sure it's out there the least amount of time before the trash dudes come Wednesday AM. I had training up in Keystone so was up at 6:30am and Jenn noticed the trash wasn't by the curb!

What the flying fignuten! Someone legit stole our city ID'd trash can in a 8 hour time frame! And we just piled on like 15 pounds of Niko poo at the top! Who the heck would steal a trash can full of $@#! ?

Called the city and got a report made and like always, my luck...they are on backorder until mid November! Arrggg...now I gotta go get a cheapo 32g trash can and drag the dang thing to the curb 4 or 5x until we have a new one! Some people...what the nerve!

Must be Luke! What's weird is when we bought the house, we had to call the city and do all of this then too. The people who moved out and left the house to the bank or whatever took the trash can with them too! Crazy

Weird... I could see how a new one would be useful but I can only imagine how crappy yours was.

I think that's why rays uses those insane green cans because you can see them from a half mile out. Pretty easy to see one out of place since not everyone uses them over here. I just got it to keep people's stupid animals from knocking the smaller cans over.

So we went cruising through the neighborhood last night with a flash light. I finally got our trash bin number from DWP or whatever it is. You wouldn't believe we found the damn trash can at a house in the furthest part away from our house in the back of our neighborhood in a court!!

Trying to decide whether to just take it back and sit in the back of my blazer with the tailgate up and wheel it home, or have my cop buddy go with me and threaten the jerks. After all they know where they stole it from so I'm sure if they wanted to they could retaliate or mess with our house or cars for being ticked off we found them. What to do, what to do?

Take cop if your intent on going over. Just because your stuff is there doesn't mean that they can't retaliate on the spot for trespassing. If they're crazy enough to steal a trashcan they're crazy enough to jump you in the driveway while on their property over it I imagine.

That or just DPW know and let them sort it out, then it'll look like they noticed the discrepancy with it at the wrong house. Makes it look a lot less like you're trying to show them who's the boss and less likely to spur future issues. That is unless they then think your just complacent and have no clue what's up or dont care and come back for something bigger next time like a car or electronics in the house. 50/50 on that one. Have your cop buddy run a plate or two from the cars at the house and check out the owners and see what kind of people they are and then decide how to procede.

That's what we did when some kids were snooping around in the tree line next to my friends house that separates the neighborhood (there had been vandalism issues reported recently) so he kept and eye out. My car was parked where they likely didn't see me sitting in it talking and as we approached them and they tore off and jumped into an suv and flew out of there. I chased in my car and got the plates to someone and then just broke it off, switched vehicles and drove to their parents house where they lived and made sure they saw me watching them in their driveway as I went past a couple times. Probably freaked out some teens pretty well that night. Lol

That was what I thought too guys. I called DPW and took pics for proof and sent to the supervisor. I asked them to contact the resident in person and say they did a trash can audit and noticed they had a different persons. Then they issue it to us with a different number. Will see what happens...if I would have had 1 or 2 more beers in me last night I would have dumped the trash in their drive and taken my can back! I got talked out of that by Jenn lol

• Like 2

So Jenn and I were so happy we saw our trash can we took a picture of the can and the house that had it. I have a sheriff tank buddy I sell corals to and called him. He was willing to come over and help me retrieve it, but wanted to be assured it was the right ID on the can. It's a 12 digit code and we were only looking for the last 4 of the ID while creeping at 10mph through the hood.

Sooooo....I check my VM from the Mayors action Supervisor and I'll be damned. The middle of the ID was off by one number! Arrgghh. So I called Harold back to tell him not to come over to threaten them with theft, and had to email the supervisor back to tell him not to pursue the issue with DPW.

Back to the drawing boards now. Gotta wait until end of November for a new can. The neighbor doesn't ever have much in hers and said we could top it off until then. This sucks...want our can back and wanted to scare someone who took it too! :v(

• Like 1

Guess it's a good thing you didn't go over cowboy style. You'd have gotten slapped silly. I can only imagine how irritated someone would get over falsely accused of stealing a trash can, lol. I know I'd fly off the handle.

That sucks on a 30 day wait. Almost worth just go buying a cheapo in the meantime.