New Surface Book

Dustin1300

Anyone see the new Surface Book that got released earlier this week? Nerd here, not going to deny it but love the idea of a true laptop and tablet. (Surface Pro xs did not quiet nail it) Was originally awaiting the Surface Pro 4 to order but now am going to pick up this beast and is already pre-ordered:)

With 16 GB of RAM, Skylake i7, and 512 GB of SSD it'll be a powerful little machine that serves as laptop and tablet.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/devices/surface-book?&SEMID=1&WT.srch=1&ocid=SURFPFM_SEM_GOO_FAM_MSBranded_en-US_surface%20book&wt.mc_id=SURFPFM_SEM_GOO_FAM_MSBranded_en-US_surface%20book

Here are some sexy shots :rolleyes:

the-microsoft-surface-book.jpg?w=650

Microsoft-Surface-Book-Hands-On-21.jpg

screen%20shot%202015-10-06%20at%2011.22.

Looks pretty nice. I like the fact that it has usb ports too. I just can't justify the $1500 bux :D

Agreed, it's pricey but that's why it's my work laptop. Gotta wait until November 15th as that's when our vendor will ship them but have not been excited about a comp purchase for a while...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I definitely want to check yours out when you get it.

Will do, on the two upper models it's interesting as they put a more powerful gpu in the keyboard so it's for more power on the graphics side while docked. With the dock it should support 8 monitors, just looking to power 4.

Eh, I'll stick with my MacBook Pro. Never had any troubles with it. The surface pro was terrible. Hopefully the surface book is better. Would be a powerful tablet if it functions as good as they say

Not really an option unless I run Windows due to many server applications I use being Microsoft shop. I could have always ran boot camp/in parallel but never made a lot of sense to me.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I run bootcamp on occasion mainly for games. The MacBook will run Windows better than many pc's but if you are mainly running Windows it wouldn't make sense to use a MacBook. Unless of course you use it for things other than work.

Yeah, going to hopefully be upgradin gmy Surface Pro from last year to the new book. Be plenty powerful for all th engineering items I run. Only thing I wasn't overly impressed with was the hinge....sure it looks really cool but don't like how it makes it thicker on one end than the other when closed.

Yeah, going to hopefully be upgradin gmy Surface Pro from last year to the new book. Be plenty powerful for all th engineering items I run. Only thing I wasn't overly impressed with was the hinge....sure it looks really cool but don't like how it makes it thicker on one end than the other when closed.

Agreed, wish it flattened. Hopefully the hinge holds up over time too!

Also somewhat intrigued by the new nokia 950 phone and windows 10, that is if I hadn't already pre-ordered the Nexus 6P. Maybe try both and see which wins. I had the Nokia 1020 and loved it, best phone I had plus with a 43MP camera to boot made taking pics in the field for work very nice. Only drawback was not having anywhere near the apps. Hoping the windows 10 and the conversion they talk about being easy result in a lot more apps in the windows side. Be nice to have the phone, book, combo to keep everything tied together nicely. There new fitness band even looked interesting.

Though I'm just a chump when it comes to any kind of new tech, gives me a reason to spend money on something new regardless of whether I need it lol.

• Like 1