Where to go

nteal

As some of you know my fiancé and I are getting married next year and we are trying to decide on where to go for our honeymoon. I want to go somewhere that I can go snorkeling/diving, but needs to have some other things that we can do as well. Anyone have suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill have to ask my wife where we went last year. If you like snorkling we stayed at a resort that had reef as shallow as 3 feet into the ocean. You are unable to go out where its deep bc the waves smash the reef pretty hard. My wife and i loved it though. We still got to swim in shallow waters but got to see fish/corals absolutly free right off the beach. Resort was simply amazing. Even had a small infinite pool off our back patio. Ill try to find the name so you can check it out

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g659488-d1720341-Reviews-El_Dorado_Casitas_Royale_by_Karisma-Riviera_Maya_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Been to mexico 3x and this is by far the nicest place we've been. The thing i liked most is the reef right off the beach.

We went here for 10 days on our honeymoon, all inclusive. Only bad thing, the rum in the drinks quickly catches up to you! :rolleyes:

http://www.sandals.com/main/whitehouse/wh-home/?gclid=CLW03NydjsgCFQ6DaQod3kwEjg

They've got 8 restaraunts on-site that's included, unlimited drinks at all the bars, private beach, and lots of activities. If you have an international scuba certification (PADI being the most common) then you get 2-3 dives a day if you want. Think we went on about 10-12 dives (Would have to find my dive book) and they have snorkeling if you don't have the cert.

2241284-Sandals-Whitehouse-European-Vill

slide-01.jpg

Sandals-Whitehouse-13721.jpg

• Like 1

We went to a Sandals Resort in St. Lucia for our honeymoon and it was a blast. We also did the all-inclusive deal. I would highly recommend that. They have some of the best scuba diving around, at least according to a scuba magazine I was reading on our way home! :-0 Keep in mind that this was 20 years ago. We were going to get PADI certified but never got around to it. I have always wanted to get my PADI certification and then go back to check it out.

http://www.sandals.com/main/grande/gl-media/?type=photos&expanded=true

I've heard the same about St. Lucia being one of the top ones in Caribbeans. I think a lot of it has to do with the regulations that exist, if you decide to get a scuba cert I'd go after the PADI Open Water.

http://www.padi.com/scuba-diving/padi-courses/course-catalog/open-water-diver/

• Like 1

Went to Turks & Caicos last year, some of the bluest clear water I've ever seen. They reportedly have the 3rd largest barrier reef (at Provedenciales) in the world. The Beaches Resort there is all-inclusive, and there is a small reef about 30 yards offshore right beside them. The whole industry involves snorkeling/diving, conch collecting (they actually have a huge conch mariculture facility). And one of the safest places I felt I've traveled to.

We did a Royal Caribbean 14 night western caribbean cruise for our honeymoon... Galveston to Cozumel, Roatan, Belize City, Limon, Panama (Canal), Ocho Rios, Georgetown. Loved It.

Also went to a destination wedding here: http://www.emeraldbaygreatexuma.com/

absolutely amazing, way off the beaten path.

Went to Turks & Caicos last year, some of the bluest clear water I've ever seen. They reportedly have the 3rd largest barrier reef (at Provedenciales) in the world. The Beaches Resort there is all-inclusive, and there is a small reef about 30 yards offshore right beside them. The whole industry involves snorkeling/diving, conch collecting (they actually have a huge conch mariculture facility). And one of the safest places I felt I've traveled to.

I have heard there are a lot of kids at this resort. Is that true?

Beaches in Turks & Caicos is a family resort, lots of kids. Also does destination weddings, etc. We actually stayed a a different location about a half mile down the beach. There are a lot of great resorts there. Ours was not all inclusive, thus my tab for drinks for the week might have paid for Dustin's tank!

Beaches in Turks & Caicos is a family resort, lots of kids. Also does destination weddings, etc. We actually stayed a a different location about a half mile down the beach. There are a lot of great resorts there. Ours was not all inclusive, thus my tab for drinks for the week might have paid for Dustin's tank!

Next time you go we can trade:D

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We are in Hawaii (Maui) right now. Great snorkeling from the beach all over the island with some fairly healthy reefs.

We've been in the water everyday exploring and swimming with turtles.

Fiji is another amazing option......

Cozumel also has great snorkeling and diving.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last year for my honeymoon we went to Bali Indonesia. By far the best diving and snorkeling Ive ever seen. The 23 hour flight sucks though. The only place in the Caribbean that can hold up to Bali has been Roatan Honduras. Roatan is SWEET. Max depths of 20-50ft in most areas and just 50 ft off the shore the reef starts. No boats needed and snorkeling is just as good as diving!!! look up http://www.infinitybay.com/index.html Ill go back here before I ever go back to Turks, Mexico (cozumel), Caymen or Aruba.

btw, I barely saw 10 people on the beach when the cruise boats were gone (came for 2 mornings all week til noon). no kids at all!!! Ive had 3 friends do a honeymoon there and everyone has gone back.