The sickness never goes away.

revance

I doubt many people here remember me, but I am just poking in to say that the sickness never goes away for long.

IMG_20150323_224806_zpslion54kp.jpg

Probably just going to do a simple freshwater tank for the kiddos. Maybe a couple plants to keep algae growth down. Might need to add some compressed co2 so they can outcompete the algae. Of course will need a controller for the co2 as I dont like constantly testing parameters. That way I only need to track KH. might add an ATO to reduce maintenance. Now that I think of it, I think I still have a MH pendant in the attic. Crap, with a 250w HQI I am really gonna need a fertilizer dosing pump.

Yeah, just a simple freshwater tank for the kids. Just goldfish... or a mated pair of discus or something

• Like 3

Hey Russ! Somehow I knew the big 200g tank would be replaced in one way or another...discus would be really cool in a small planted tank. Closest thing color wise you can get to saltwater! Welcome back...

I've thought of turning my Solana into a planted tank. I'm just dreading cleaning up leaf debris from the back chambers of an AIO. I could only imagine a 250mh over that thing. I was contemplating a 175 or using the 150w hqi sunpod I have as well.

Welcome back!

Some of the frogspawn in budmans tank and if reefnewby82 still has some around during is from your big tank breakdown a couple years back.

• 2 weeks later...

I have it cycling now... trying to decide what I want to put in it. I am thinking maybe some german blue rams and some cardinal tetras.

I need to change out the lighting because the electronic ballast trips the AFCI in our bedroom. I am thinking of some DIY LED in the hood.