Salt Mix: Ready.... GO!

OttoReese

Okay, members. Time for that age-old debate. I am curious about what kind of salt mix you use. I used Tropic Marin years ago and liked it. Then I changed to Seachem for cost effectiveness after Tropic Marin elevated their prices. About 3 years ago, I changed to Red Sea Coral Pro salt, thinking that it would yield great results. I have had good luck with it. However, I am upgrading to a larger aquarium and want to be more cost-effective. I was thinking about changing back to Seachem since it's cheaper.

So, my question is: what salt mix have you used? What do you find works best?

only reason i switched is to try something new and my IO seemed all over the place. calcium was like 240 and alk was 12. mag was super low too. might have just gotten a bad batch but i still switched beacuse of that. its like $10 a bucket diff and maybe it has more trace elements...? not sure

Salinity here...have seen lower alk mixing up lately and been thinking about changing. Love the batch test results and having consistent levels when mixing new water, but the salt smells awfully chemical smelling to me. Was thinking of going to Red Sea Coral Pro...still researching.

New to this and just finishing my first bag of Instant Ocean.

I dose 2-part inconsistently, every 2-3 days... will I see a big change if I switch to Reef Crystals and stop the dosing?

Probably not much....if you have a true need to dose you're using way more calcium than the bump RC gets you most likely.