180g Acrylic Build

Luke33

Ahh okay. That makes sense then. Yeah I've been researching some of that stuff. It's pricey and seems one bottle of this only works with one bottle of that also. And requires daily drops etc. I dunno if that would be conducive to my forgetfulness haha

• 1 month later...

Well it's time for an update. I've had some diatom issues for a bit and finally figured it out, they are slowly going away thankfully. Like a dummy I didn't check my rodi like I should have been. But the colors are really popping right now. Enjoy the daylight pics.

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

This is the bluest milli I have ever seen

IMG_1397.jpg

RR OP

IMG_1394.jpg

Walt Disney

IMG_1393.jpg

Reefpets ultraviolet

IMG_1390.jpg

Had this for about two yrs, very unique piece that's coloring up nicely.

IMG_1388.jpg

Under blue led

IMG_1358%202.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Daylight the orange hammer is just a light orange. Under the blue LED that is what it looks like. Pretty sick looking hammer! I don't really frag my sps much and my lps hardly ever get cut! I am starting to run out of room with my lps corner as the hammers and frogspawn are all softball sizes and growing really fast.

As far as my coral colors go, idono, i don't really do anything crazy. Big skimmer, good glow, good raw water, and most importantly consistent parameters. I also think my lighting is solid as i run 5 t5's and 3 e5's in my fixture. When you ramp up and down on these fancy fixture's I have never had luck. I just like the simple, its on its off approach. I don't run gfo or carbon or any other crap, just a fuge and a skimmer for nutrient export. I believe your tank just mature's and you kind of wait for it to find its water chemistry spot, then you work it from there.

The yellows and golds or oranges are so sweet looking...

Hard to find those colors and keep them that way in the hobby. Nice job man!

Thanks Brandon, so far so good. Its always nice when things are going well but in the back of my mind i'm always waiting for that one incident that turns things bad!

Loving that hammer! Those SPS look great too.

Thanks Paul! Its the nicest hammer i've ever owned, very unique.

RR OP Daylight and Blue Led

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

Franklin Redhead

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

Beautiful Milli

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

Another gorgeous Milli

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

Aussie sps

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

Bonsai

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

Reef Pets Pandemonium

IMG_1609.jpg

Nice Tenuis

IMG_1606.jpg

Shirley Temple

IMG_1592.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Atomic said:

wow, your colors look great!!

Thanks, I still have some work to do on a few sps, just won't color up for me, but everything else is looking pretty good so far, just have to keep the parameters consistent!

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

12 minutes ago, ryansweet said:

IMG_1723.jpg

@Luke33, what's this one???

Its called Cherry Corals Passionfruit.  Kind of reminds me of the Pikachu or RR Pink Floyd.  It was pretty bleached when I got it but now is super yellow with really red polyps.  Should be a pretty nice piece here in a few more months.

https://www.cherrycorals.com/product/cc-passionfruit/

Well, I replaced my diy skimmer this weekend with a old school vertex IN180.  Ofcourse i am using a dc4000 pulling 43schf of air at 30w.  So far this dude is just tearing it up, i'm pretty impressed.  It surprises me how everyone spends hundreds of dollars on a skimmer when in all honesty you can get a used body for 50-100 bux and get a pump for 100 or less.  I have been doing the skimmer game for a LONG time and you don't have to spend alot. 24hrs skimmer production.

IMG_0462.jpg

Great pics.  Thanks for sharing.   I'm fond of the passionfruit.