• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
OttoReese

Orphek Programming

Scott has been more than helpful since I bought my two pendants. They have been running for a little more than 6 weeks. However, I still feel like the Programming that he suggested is still way too blue for my taste. He suggested having ch. 2 on 100. I know most of you would suggest just scaling back the blues but do I need to increase other percentages to compensate? Does anyone have suggestions based on what my current Programming is on what to change? I don't know enough about what each channel does to make changes myself comfortably and still get good coal health and growth. I have a 90 reef with two pendants. Here's my current program:

Channel 1

1100 1%

1300 50%

1900 50%

2000 0%

Channel 2

700 1%

1300 100%

2100 100%

2300 0%

Channel 3

1000 1%

1300 65%

2100 65%

2200 0%

Channel 4

1100 1%

1300 30%

1900 30%

2000 0%

I like the times for when I am home to view. I just would like to see more daylight while still seeing some fluorescence. If it's easier to just explain over the phone rather than typing suggestions, send me a PM and I will give you my cell or you can give me your number. Thanks in advance!

Kris,

Just turn down channel 2 to a percentage that you like. Then you can increase channel 1 to a slightly higher percentage. You really just need to watch your corals. They will tell you if they are happy.

Example:

Set channel 1 to peak at 60-65%

Set channel 2 to peak at 80%

Then watch corals. If they don't extend polyps or appear stressed you can shorten the cycle or decrease the channel 1 %.