Total Flow?

donnie

Looking into cost effective options for my new 225 build, I got a great deal on the 4 way Koralia 12v controller, so thats the route i'm going. I have a Waveline DC10000ii return pump, and i'm trying to decide between 4 of the 1550gph koralias, or 4 of the 3250. the 1550's will give me a total turnover of around 40x/hour, and the 3250's will be around 70x. of course this is running full bore all the time, which will not be the case. i will be running them on an alternating pulse from the controller giving me a wave action, so i'm leaning towards the 3250's. right now i have mostly zoos in my tank, with a couple lps. eventually i'm sure i will move on to SPS, but i would like to let the tank mature for a while before i head that way.

How much flow are you guys running in your tanks, and what corals are you keeping?

I have 3 Jebao wp40s in my 225 and a pretty powerful return pump. Im figuring im around 50-60x. I would go for the 70x, Ususally you can always dial in town if needed but its impossible to get dial those things up.