hobby grade rc cars

reefaddicted

JCP still races and will every Saturday this winter. I raced there quite a few times in the last couple years with Short Course and my 2wd buggy. The hobby has changed a lot in the last 10 years.

What kind of questions do you have?

If you're looking to buy used, I have a nitro Traxxas truck with street tires, dirt tires, new never used body, electric starter, and some other extras. With starting a 120 gallon reef tank, I am looking to free up some cash from my other hobbies. I haven't used it that much over the years and it cost over $500.00 new. Tops out at 55 mph, kinda fun to chase the mail truck down the street! :D Anyways...just never had the opportunity to get into the hobby at a serious level so it just sits on a shelf in my basement most of the time.

All my life, 1/10 Scale 2WD, 4WD buggy, Touring, Pan Cars, Indy Cars, Sprint cars, 12th scale pan cars, 1/8th scale gas on and off road, 1/4 Scale gas, along with helis, gliders, IMAA Scale, and some Pattern stuff back in the day. ;)

The lipo and brushless has made things easier, yet more difficult for some. If you stick to a single track, its all good, the issues come when you try to travel and race, and they run a slightly different set of rules than what your home track does. Ive found myself at tracks having to buy a new battery and speed control when the ones I brough, werent legal, and I REALLY wanted to race.

If you want to race, which I reccomend, as it's a blast, and great for kids, find the track and class you want to run, and get their rules before you buy anything.

That's awesome I'm looking to get back into it. Did you run nitro or electric? I'm kinda liking the new lipo options but have never had a nitro either always been told they were hard to maintain and tune

I used to race 1/10 modified electric stadium truck class. I've owned both electric and nitro. Nitro is more fun for like the backyard. Electric is the way to go for racing. I raced at planet Rc that used to be off of Pendleton pike and also raced three other tracks around north indy that were created by members of our Rc group

That was the place. Planet RC. I thought the track was amazing and actually took skill to get around. I raced a lot as a 12-14 year old with my dad. Was really great memories. We raced in Evansville and owensboro. The tracks were all flat and very simple compared to planet rc.

That was the place. Planet RC. I thought the track was amazing and actually took skill to get around. I raced a lot as a 12-14 year old with my dad. Was really great memories. We raced in Evansville and owensboro. The tracks were all flat and very simple compared to planet rc.

Definitely some good memories. I had fun doing it and miss it sometimes

Oh also do you ever get to the AMA in muncie

Amazingly enough I have not made it up there yet. I should pack some planes and go. I fly smaller foam planes in my backyard and even indoors. I also have a flying field close by as well.

Not sure if I want to go nitro but what would you want for it? Do you already have your tank?

Not sure about the price...I need to give that some thought and do some research. I had just thought about it the other day and then saw this post today. Yes, I already have the tank. Purchased used in July from a friend. It has been quite the rapid learning experience and I have much more to learn and purchase. Most of the equipment I own, but I am also borrowing some of the items from my friend who sold me the tank. I have had many freshwater tanks but always wanted a reef tank.

Just FYI: The R/C is a Traxxas Nitro Rustler Model 4410. I have been trying to load up a picture but the file is too big. I will have to work on that.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still in the hobby. 4 months ago, I sold my circa '92 TA RC8.2 2wd off-road buggy, 1/5 scale nitro 2wd off-road buggy, and 1/8 scale Miss Budweiser hydroplane drag boat, so I can get into RC aircraft.

RC toys I have right now, is a carbon butterfly and am toying around with air combat flying. The DIY planes are simply fun with little to no risk. The sale of my cars and boat has allowed me to invest into a new object of obsession.

If you have questions, I probably know the answer the hardway.

• Like 1