Temp problems

jingram2010

I have a heater that came with the tank and works good but my tank is up stairs and heat raises and warms the tank so I unplug my heater and it like drops 5 degrees what can I do

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have a heater that came with the tank and works good but my tank is up stairs and heat raises and warms the tank so I unplug my heater and it like drops 5 degrees what can I do Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is it not an adjustable heater? If not, I would replace it... I recommend an Eheim Jager, the 150w would probably work well for you.

If it's adjustable and working properly, it should only come on when the temp gets low enough so you should never have to unplug it. If you are unsure of it, I would just buy a good new one. The cost of a good heater is minimal compared to the cost of your livestock if your heater malfunctions.

If it's adjustable and working properly, it should only come on when the temp gets low enough so you should never have to unplug it. If you are unsure of it, I would just buy a good new one. The cost of a good heater is minimal compared to the cost of your livestock if your heater malfunctions.

For sure. I can send you a pic of about $600 worth of skeletons as a testament to reliable heat

Sounds like is broken, throw it out and buy jager. I don't trust any heaters and usually recommend two smaller ones that are controllable and then a controller on top of that. Heaters lead to the most catastrophic events in this hobby and having additional fail safes is worth the money.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...