Vortech running in reverse?

solor

I receive this from my boy at home...

ED97B05A-A24F-43AE-9A10-157A4325B4A8-111

That thing in the middle of my MP40 "was" my Long Tip Anemone. How did that happen? With over 2000 gph leaving the powerhead it doesn't seem likely that anything would get "pulled" in. This is the entire reason that I keep the covers on the wetside - so this wouldn't happen...grrrr. I know the Korallia's have been known to run in reverse, but, I always thought that was because of them being AC Current. I have never read about a Vortech running in reverse. Is that possible?

I actually think it was sucked in and then in the process of being blown out perhaps?

real bummer when something like that happens

What makes me question that is when he unplugged the pump the LTA "just fell off". I won't be home until after 9 p.m. tonight and I'm going to test the pump out.

Yeah, it is a real bummer, I just sold my RBTA's also...

I thought it was some kind of wave pulse rhing but I could be wrong. To be honeat if I recall now mine ran in reverse one time but it was after a power outage and when power came back on it ran in reverse until I t urned it off and then back on

You may be thinking about anti sync? Interesting that yours ran backward before. I usually put mine in slow mode when I feed in the a.m. This morning I turned them off. I wonder if when the feed mode ended the pump started backward? Like yours did after the power outage. I guess DC pumps are vulnerable to that as well. I know the Korallias where notorious for it. Thanks

Yeah, don't think that you can reverse the Vortech. I'd say power it down and attach the wetside and dryside and make sure it's perfectly aligned. If it's still failing open up a ticket with EcoTech, they really have great service when you have problems. I don't have a ton of experience with Vortechs but I've got 2 X MP40s and 2 X MP60s and never experienced this!

Well, powerhead works perfectly. I may never know what exactly happened. I'm now back in the market for an anemone, that I do know.

I guess if the wet-side sponge had a bit of gap on the intake then the anemone could have slipped through it, otherwise hard to imagine why it happened!