Red Planet

When I had my Led's up to 65% white and 80% blue it was staying the red/maroon with a little green at the bottom. I noticed some of my other coral was starting to bleach. So, I started lowering my lights 5% a week and currently have them 50% white and 65% blue and everything is really looking more healthy and better color. Not to say it is all lights or the feeding but I also started spot feeding most of the coral with Reef chili and the colors went from drab to bright and gorgeous over a 2 month period.

Its probably a comination of both. A lot of posts I've read suggest that the green does come out more with lower light. I also had it in a spot where it was getting lots of blue light, too. It looks awesome and you definitely found its sweet spot.

Great piece! I would have picked it up if I would have not had my frag tank packed full. Don needs to upgrade soon, giving these pieces away! Just need to talk Krista into it!? (Or is it the other way around) :rolleyes:

An upgrade will come when we move! In the meantime, I'm going to be tying in a 40B to give me a bit more room.

Shane, that RP looks nice. It's one of my favorite pieces out there. I picked up a piece off of Paul a while back but nuked it in my frag tank with that heater issue. Since then I picked up a nice little colony from a friend but it hasn't developed the same green as the one from Paul got. That, IMHO, is what truly makes the Red Planet beautiful.

Nice work.

Don, great piece! Keep up the good work!