Holster Advice?

JokerGirl

I can see that happening here some day...

SLAVES are forbidden the right to bear arms and defend themselves and their families. Tens of millions of people from Jews to Ukrainians, Armenians, Cambodians and Chinese have been slaughtered by their own governments and these massacres are invariably preceded by 'gun control'. When people with guns tell you you should not be armed, they are saying this because they have plans for you that you will not like.

Then again according to MSNBC, me thinking this way makes me a nut job that all responsible gun owners should distance themselves from.....

Seriously, it sounds like Erin has selected an IWB paddle style and is going to try a clipless version first. Good choice. Concealed carry is difficult for a man and for a modern woman who doesn't wear baggy sweatshirts all the time it's even more of a challenge.

As stated this is a place to kick back and relax. If you bring politics in to this forum there will be no kicking back and relaxing. I come to the forums to get away from all that garbage that is shoved down my throat in TV. Keep your *****ty political forums I'M DONE

I'm sorry. I didnt want this to turn into politics or an argument. I really was just looking for someone local that could maybe help me out and didny know if maybe even any of the other women here carried.

Please dont let it stop anyone from renewing the membership because it really isn't how this club is.

Now I feel terrible for starting any of this.

I'll take blame for starting it! I'd say this is just a good time for a reminder of the Forum Rules. They've been in place for years and just want to keep this place civil so we can continue to help one another and talk about reefs. The lounge is where you can debate about sports, other hobbies, etc but Politics and Religion are two topics that we'd like to exclude since they are often touchy topics and lead to feuds between members. Let's just respect the policy, we're all honorable members that mean a lot to the club!

From Forum Policy:

II. General Posting Policy

Proper Forum
All posts must be in the proper forum. That is why there are many different forums on this site. INDMAS.org is dedicated to education about the hobby and responsible reefkeeping and therefore, when giving advice that is only your opinion please state this in your posts. To make this board a useful reference please post links to articles that support your statements whenever possible.

Threads on Religion and Politics are off limits and will be deleted immediately. While these are important topics, this forum is for education and enjoyment of our hobby and such off topic threads are not appropriate. Off limit topics are Off limits! Period.

I ended up ordering a Remora last night, which is the neoprene looking one that I posted a couple of pages back. I had e-mailed the company over the weekend, and because it took them a couple of days to respond, they ended up giving me a coupon code for 25% off as well as a free magazine holster. That's pretty fantastic for a company, and really sealed the deal for me because they went above and beyond.

That's good they compensated you, most companies nowadays lack customer service. The coupon would have been enough in my eyes but, it sounds like they went above and beyond.

+ 1000

I just RMAd some plumbing parts to BRS, hopefully it does not take 2 months to get refund back like last time....I wish PA sold all the plumbing parts I want/need :D

As stated this is a place to kick back and relax. If you bring politics in to this forum there will be no kicking back and relaxing. I come to the forums to get away from all that garbage that is shoved down my throat in TV. Keep your *****ty political forums I'M DONE

I'll take blame for starting it! I'd say this is just a good time for a reminder of the Forum Rules. They've been in place for years and just want to keep this place civil so we can continue to help one another and talk about reefs. The lounge is where you can debate about sports, other hobbies, etc but Politics and Religion are two topics that we'd like to exclude since they are often touchy topics and lead to feuds between members. Let's just respect the policy, we're all honorable members that mean a lot to the club!

From Forum Policy:

II. General Posting Policy

Proper Forum

All posts must be in the proper forum. That is why there are many different forums on this site. INDMAS.org is dedicated to education about the hobby and responsible reefkeeping and therefore, when giving advice that is only your opinion please state this in your posts. To make this board a useful reference please post links to articles that support your statements whenever possible.

Threads on Religion and Politics are off limits and will be deleted immediately. While these are important topics, this forum is for education and enjoyment of our hobby and such off topic threads are not appropriate. Off limit topics are Off limits! Period.

Out of respect for the Club and the posted forum policy post has been removed.

So I've been looking into getting a handgun and getting conceal carry. I have a couple questions since there's already one folks here with experiance. Can you carry on the outside of your belt, looking at the pictures of the holster that go inside your belt, they look pretty uncomfortable. I'm thinking about a .40, not sure on a model yet, probably a basic, affordable one. I'm very open to suggestions here, I'm definetly not new to guns, I've been shooting long guns all my life, but I have very little experiance with hand guns.

Yes, our permit is a carry permit not a concealed carry or open carry. What ever you feel comfortable with, I will tell you it is much less dramatic carrying concealed. I have had a shirt ride up and the media has everyone so scared that they freak out. you know, because only bad guys and cops carry pistols

I like a good pocket gun, I am a big guy but like a weapon that I can conceal in my front pocket, easily. Find one you like, you will probably buy several holsters before you find what you like and practice!!

From the sounds of it, you will end up with several holsters before you decide what you like best. You can either open carry or conceal carry, it's really up to you, but be prepared to have some businesses tell you that you can't bring your gun in the store if you decide to open carry.

In waist band or out of waist band, you can still conceal, it'll just be harder if you go OWB since you will have to find extra long shirts, and a REALLY thick belt. You should have a belt anyways, but some people can get away without one.

I'm a pretty big guy myself, I'm a belt wearer, I don't have the hips to keep my pants up. Like you said in your other post, I could wear it outside my waist band in the winter, my flannels or hoodies would cover it, probably not gonna work out so well in the summer though. Is the inside the waist band get more comfortable as you wear it? It looks like it would really cut into your side if your out doing more than walking around a store.

I went through a bunch of holsters trying to carry my XD that I finally gave up and bought the .380 its small enough to carry in my front pocket of my jeans, rear pocket or in my coat pocket. I find that I"m armed more now that I gave up carrying the XD, its a 9mm that holds 16 rounds so that make it pretty bulky. I'd take a good hard look at the new XD subcompacts or some of the other single stack 9mm semi's, they are tiny.

• Like 2