My Par Meter Testing Results

Jaco

Hi Indmas,

As I try to develop my 120G into some sort of a reef with LPS, SPS and Zoas, I borrowed the PAR meter today to see what I could find. All readings have the light at 10.5" above the water line. The light itself is a Reef Breeders V2 48 and the tank is 48x24x24. I measured what I am running now for on the fixture and what I plan to go to in the future if the corals allow for it. It was interesting to see the PAR change with respect to the LED's placement on the light and the rocks.

I tried to give myself some good notes for future frag placement. I didn't test the higher intensities with 0 Red and Green since it made little difference in the results. I also never plan to go above 10 on those channels.

It still does leave me wondering why the Hollywood Stunner Chalice I have is bleaching while everyone else is happy.

Thanks!

Par Readings

Thanks Jacob! This is a great reference thread...

If we all take a few minutes to get some results from our readings and add it to this thread, we can really see some interesting differences between lighting!

Who is next? :v)

I made myself one of these a long time ago. Made sure to let the glass get extra dirty so I could see the numbers. (Yea, like that's my excuse. Lol). I have the pics saves in my favorites so I don't lose it.

1B090D47-A3E8-4CD8-874E-76DEA371E81C.png

DE5FE056-E1D0-4B68-8C02-E38F4E39964C.png

2EF48E24-9B69-46E4-BBD9-6DE19BFBFA7E.png