My Battle with Dinos

I wanted to share my multi-pronged approach with everyone on how I (fingers crossed) think I have battled and beat dinos. I know there are many ways out there that people have success with this. I have read 100's of different ways to do this out there. Some methods seem to work for some and not others so I wanted to take an approach that battled it from different angles. I started with a lights out period for 23.5 hours a day. The only lights I turned on for 0.5 hours were some leds for feeding only. After that, I blew off all of the loose algae and siphoned my sand bed. The siphoning was not a water change. I ran the display tank water through some filter floss, a filter sock and more filter floss and drained it back into my sump. I then started a 12 day dose of Metro (Metronidazole). I came across a huge thread on R2R about the success of this. During the dosing, I used a powerhead to blow off my rocks and sand 2 times a day. I changed my filter socks daily, I added filter floss to my overflow box that was changed daily, and I turned off my MH (T5's were still on) during this whole process. After that 12 days was up, I turned my carbon and GFO back on and let it run for a couple of days with the MH lights still off. I continued to clean my sand, rocks and filter socks. After another week of this, I dosed Marine Algae Fix. I did 4 doses of this over the course of 1.5 weeks. Turned carbon and GFO back on and things are starting to look good again. I will post some before and after pictures later tonight or tomorrow. I do not have any on this computer.

• Like 1