New Indy coral shop

First let me say that I'm a new member since the 2016 frag swap and this is my first post, so I'm a little nervous. Lol. Anyway a co-worker mentioned a new shop to me. I haven't heared anything about this so I looked into it. Name of the shop is The Exotic Reef. Location is 2700 E. 55th place Suite 3 Indianapolis IN. They are a coral store only, and business hours are by appointment only. I could only find them thru Facebook however they do have a site link you can click on. http://www.theexoticreef.com/

Has anyone checked them out? Or have any additional info on them?

That is seriously a block away from The Reef. Crazy.

I got an error message when writing on their "contact page".. but I hope it went through asking for an appointment.

Anyone know their website developer? LPS links to the SPS section, and vice-versa.

-Ben

They are primarily ebay/online sales only and prices reflect that. One of the co-owners is actually the main SW guy employeed at the reef, CodySent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Interesting for sure. Maybe a merger in the future.

• Like 1

They are primarily ebay/online sales only and prices reflect that. One of the co-owners is actually the main SW guy employeed at the reef, CodySent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Ah. I was talking to him at the swap. He mentioned he ran an online business with a partner but didn't say the name.

So I wrote to The Exotic Reef on Facebook. Made him aware of INDMAS and about this thread. He replys with this.

Hey thanks for the mention! We are a start up soon to be "wholesale only" coral shop. We import directly from Fiji, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Australia. We have over 500 corals on display at all times! Send me a message if you want to come check us out before we become wholesale only!!

• 3 months later...

Went into the open house. If prices and selection of corals stays like it is now I can see myself stopping here a lot. Took some photos of different areas and tanks.

It is basically across the road south from the Reef.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nevets_mcd/28672857830/in/album-72157669334092163/